Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Still at home

Something...

Or someone...

...dug up Whisker's grave over the weekend.

I...

This...

Fucking A.

My parents buried her in our backyard, near my dad's garden, just like we did to Cookie a few years back.

We were gone for the weekend, and the person watching over our house said she didn't see anyone come by, other than the usual (people passing by, walking dogs, playing, etc).  The neighbors didn't see anything either.

The thing getting me here is apparently our neighbor's dog didn't bark.  I... I guess I figured dogs kind of made a safe zone.  Apparently not?  I'm just kind of hoping that it was a dog that did it, then.  Or some other sort of animal.  I mean, it couldn't have been a shovel that dug her up.  The hole wasn't... neat enough, I guess?  My dad grew up on a farm, and apparently there's a method of telling the difference between digging something up and clawing up the earth.  I couldn't see it, but if our dog didn't go apeshit (which she does), I guess it would have had to been an animal.

My mom kind of burst into hysterics and my dad and brother are trying to calm her down, so I'm staying here for a few more days and helping with that.  We'd call the police, but, well...  What are we gonna say?  Someone stole our dead rabbit?

Gotta think about something else...

Uh, right.  Magic the Gathering.  Not sure if anyone plays, but they banned JtMS and Stoneforge from Standard today.  Greatest thing I've heard in a while.  Finally, Grand Architect will stand at the top of the meta!  ...once it overcomes Hawkward, Splinter Twin, and RDW.

Rambling, yeah.  OK, so I kind of already said this on Maduin's blog a while back, but I'm not sure if anyone saw it and I'm an attention whore.  The Eldrazi are a race of beings from the Blind Eternities, which is pretty much the space between planes of existence.  They have no physical form.  There are three big ones: Emrakul (the Aeons Torn), Kozilek (Butcher of Truth), and Ulamog (the Infinite Gyre).  They basically went around devouring planes of existence (from what I can remember, the mythos is something I'm just getting into) for a while, until they were stopped.

The people who stopped them were Ugin the Spirit Dragon, Sorin Markov, and some (as of yet) unnamed third guy.  They...  OK, hold on, getting ahead of myself.  In the MtG universe, there are beings called planeswalkers that can hop around the planes of existence (provided they know where they're going).  These three were planeswalkers dedicated to stopping the Eldrazi.  However, in order to do so, they needed the right stuff.

First, the Eldrazi had to be contained in a plane with powerful mana.  The plane of Zendikar was a perfect choice, as mana there is ridiculously crazy and casting spells can have weird side effects.  So basically, they lured the Eldrazi to Zendikar, and then the three planeswalkers dropped a train on them.  Sorin Markov, a vampire specializing in life-draining magic, was somehow able to force the Eldrazi into a physical form, and then Ugin used his invisible fire breath (I feel like I'm losing some of you at this point) to hold off the Eldrazi.  The third guy used magic dealing with gems and minerals, and was able to create a gem (names the Eye of Ugin) that sealed the Eldrazi in the Blind Eternities.

Cut forward an untold amount of time.  Nicol Bolas, one of the meanest, baddest dudes (read: dragon) in the multiverse begins manipulating events to free the Eldrazi (I'm remembering this stuff as best I can, and don't feel like looking it up).  He uses his minion, Sarkan Vol (a planeswalker who specializes in dragony magics) to guard the Eye of Ugin and try and figure out it's mysteries.  Chadra Nalar, planeswalker and pyromancer extraordinaire, finds a map to the Eye of Ugin by stealing it from some shmucks, and for some reason unknown to me decides to follow it.  Cue Jace Beleren, planeswalker and mind mage.  He was the one originally in possession of the map, and goes to hunt Chadra.  Shenanigans happen and other bullshit, which culminates in Chadra and Jace fighting Sarkan Vol.  Sarkan takes a dragon form and begins whipping Jace and Chadra's asses (metaphorically), and Jace, who had figured out bits and pieces about the chamber, told Chadra to summon a colorless fire.  She finds she is able to do so, and they beat Sarkan... and blow open the Eye.  Cue Eldrazi rush.

Jace and Chadra leave and don't look back, more or less.  Sorin is hanging around Zendikar and saves Nissa, an elfen planeswalker, from some Eldrazi.  He then basically tells her the gist of the situation and she comes along to help repair the Eye.  Adventures happen, and they find their way into the chamber.  Sorin decides to look around, and it's in this instance that Nissa decides that completely destroying the Eye is the best way to get the Eldrazi out of Zendikar.  she completely destroys it, Sorin says 'Fuck this, I'm out', and Nissa quickly discovers she was a giant moron and goes to track down Sorin to get him to help fix this mess... again.

Lots of holes, but I can't remember a lot of it and, frankly, I can't be assed to do more right now.

Heading back to campus tomorrow.

Take care guys.

2 comments:

  1. thats terrible. I often wonder, if that was done by a proxy, why?

    why would they do that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I figured it out.

    One second. Keep mistyping out of anger. Rage is no reason to forgo good grammar. Trying to calm down.

    ReplyDelete